Monday, August 8, 2016

PEACE WHEN TROUBLE BLOWS

Can there be peace out of  a storm?
Can one find tranquility and solitude in the midst of chaos?
How can I keep calm when all is not well?
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,(Hab 3:17NLV)
When we see a day of trouble approach and come to stay, it concerns us to prepare.
We are troubled on every side,yet we keep calm,confusion looms ahead,yet we need to stay focused.
Infront are piles of bills and debts to pay,behind are struggles and issues to tackle.
We look on every side but fail to look within.
I tell God to please help me whenever  I come face to face with challenges, help me  that the first thing I do is call on your NAME.
In a typical African setting,the first reaction to trouble is to” scream and say I am finished”.
If only we can but learn to say O Lord please take control…let go and let God step in.
This is a struggle for me,in as much as I try not to panic..”my id” wants to react immediately.
The id is the impulsive (and unconscious) part of our psyche which responds directly and immediately to the instincts.
The personality of the newborn child is all id and only later does it develop an ego and super-ego.
Perhaps Freud’s single most enduring and important idea was that the human psyche (personality) has more than one aspect. Freud(1923) saw the psyche structured into three parts (i.e. tripartite), the id, ego and superego, all developing at different stages in our lives.
These are systems, not parts of the brain, or in any way physical.
Although each part of the personality comprises unique features, they interact to form a whole, and each part makes a relative contribution to an individual’s behavior.
I am human see but yet God wants to be not just in me but even in my first unthinkable reactions.Let it not be God in me only but also God  exhaling through me so to speak.
Just as the fragrance of a perfume envelopes the room so we pray that God fills us to the brim and overflow that even when in the mud all we can cry out is O LORD this is your part of the game,this is when you step in LORD.Come, take your place
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know or saya
It is well, it is well, with my soul.)
“It Is Well With My Soul” is a hymn penned by hymnist Horatio Spafford and composed byPhilip Bliss.
I have a song I wrote in one of my trying times.This song was taken from Isaiah 26:3
‘Thou would keep him lord in perfect peace,perfect peace,perfect peace
Thou will keep me lord in perfect peace when my heart is stayed on you.
Yes I will trust in you,trust in the lord
In the lord Jehovah is peace,everlasting peace
Trust in you,trust in the Lord in the lord Jehovah is strength”
The pain would pass,the smiles would come back,there would be money enough to feed.
Everything happens only for a season,to make us strong……only if we leave it all there before the LORD  and not let our flesh dictate the tide of events,
Yes there can be peace in the midst of a storm…be still and know that I am your GOD.

Written by ,
Connie Aibangbee
I will worship the Lord, For He is worthy;
I will lat down my sword, The Prince Of Peace is His name.
King of the flood, The Lord is mighty; The Lord can quench the evil flame.
Peace when trouble blows, Jehovah sees, Jehovah knows;
He is my peace, when sorrow nears, Jehovah sees, Jehovah hears.
Feel the presence of God, Upon the water,
Hear the voice of the Lord, Within the thunder that rolls,
King of the flood, The Lord is mighty,
The Lord can calm the troubled soul.
Peace when trouble blows, Jehovah sees, Jehovah knows;
He is my peace, when sorrow nears, Jehovah sees, Jehovah hears Like the breath,
I need to live, Jehovah takes, Jehovah gives; Gives me peace,
When trouble blows, Jehovah sees, Jehovah knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment