Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Effort and Satisfaction


Image result for effort image quotes

It can be hard to manage God, health, school, personal hobbies, clubs, responsibilities and the unexpected occurrences of everyday life. Even just listing them all out makes one day seem like a lot of work. But the most important thing to remember is to take everything one step at a time and to keep track of your priorities. 
Know what things matter to you and how much those things matter to you. Make sure those upmost priorites are being maintained. Personally, God is the most important part of my life. No matter what I am doing, I make sure my conscience is at peace with my decisions and I'm not making choices that I know I will regret.
 Choices I know I will regret include: 

  1. procrastinating
  2. multitasking
  3. snoozing my alarm clock 
  4. eating junk food
  5. going to sleep late (i'm still working on this one)
  6. playing along in social situations where I feel uncomfortable etc. 


Making choices based off my priorites is my first step to feeling calm, even during the most stressful of times. That is my general rule but when it come to things like school, there are times when assignments can take much longer or way shorter than expected. 
It's because of time like these that I truly feel that getting distracted is a hardworker's biggest enemy. Even fun, personal projects can take way longer than needed and be very unproductive if you are trying to "multitask" by watching Youtube as you practice writing Japanese. But at the end of the day knowing your priorites and working productivly pay off in self-satisfaction, the ability to relax when others are stressed and sometimes even social recognition (which certainly is not everything but certainly is nice). All these things are rewards that feel so good when they are hard earned. 

So stop procratinating and get productive!!!

written by,
Lily Omakor
Grade 11

No comments:

Post a Comment